Turmeric is not only one of the most effective herbs for reducing inflammation and pain, it accomplishes this task with none of the side effects that come with conventional medicine. While the root itself may take some special sourcing - look for it in specialty stores, spice shops and Indian markets or shops - finding the powder is easy. I highly recommend you only use organic Turmeric.
Organically produced turmeric is more labour-intensive. Thus, organic products are usually more expensive than non-organic products, but worth the extra cost for those who value health. If you want the full benefit of turmeric’s health properties, then the only option is organic turmeric.
Curcumin, one of turmeric’s most active components, has an impressive and abundant list of health benefits. Curcumin is an effective anti-oxidant that is a great help in fighting off free radicals that damage our healthy cells and weaken our bodies, making it susceptible to countless health problems.
Certified Organic turmeric, which legally cannot be tampered with, will never have had curcumin removed from it, and will always have the full amount of curcumin intact: on average 3 - 5 %.
Read all about the importance of making sure that organic actually means organic, by clicking here.
HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR TURMERIC?
At Taka we get all the turmeric needed for our daily dose of golden, glowing health from numerous sources:
- Our teas, of course!
- Our easy-to-pop capsules.
- Making Golden Paste.
- Cooking it into different dishes, click here for some of our scrumptious recipes
- Especially delicious curries!
- Sprinkling organic turmeric powder into scrambles or other egg dishes like frittatas.
- Placing some finely cut up fresh turmeric root in the pan with roasting veggies.
- Adding 1/2 teaspoon of powder into the rice as it is cooking. (Adding a handful of raisins as well!)
- Adding a dash into a smoothie for vibrant color as well as those glorious medicinal properties it brings.
- How do you take yours? Please leave a comment!